top of page

List of documents required in support of an application for Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK on the basis of being in the UK legally for a continuous period of 10 years (Long Residence)


(All documents must scanned and provided as a soft copy)

Main documents

Applicant’s All Passports used in the last 10 years - Current and Expired

Applicant’s Current Biometric Residence Card

Any Home Office/UKVI letters/visas received during the last 10 years, if available


Life in the UK Pass Certificate - book the test at Life in the UK Test


English Language:

(check Prove your knowledge of English for citizenship and settling to see if you are required to pass the test)

UK Degree Award(either Bachelors or higher); or

English Language test pass certificate – at least level B1, if the test certificate was used

for a previous UK visa successful application then it can be used even if it is expired -- Link to

book the Trinity College London test (B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5) at B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5

Documents to prove that the Applicant is meeting the compliance requirements for their current visa:

For example, 

If their current visa is a Partner visa/residence card, then cohabitation documents for last 2 years evidencing that they are living with their partner

If their current visa is a Tier 2(General) visa, then 3 months payslips, bank statements and letter from employer evidencing that they are still working for the sponsor

If their current visa is a Tier 4(General) student visa, then letter from their University dated within 28 days of the date of application confirming that they have been regularly attending their course

bottom of page